LS-P1 and LS-P2 Update Procedure
This software updates the firmware of the LS-P1 and LS-P2 to version 1.02.
- Improved the stability of the recording operation when using the recording scenes.
- Improved the stability of Bluetooth operation. (LS-P2 only)
- Various updates to improve general operational stability.
How to check the recorder's firmware version.
To check the firmware version of LS-P1 or LS-P2, do the following:
- From the Home display, press the [MENU] button.
- Press the [-] button repeatedly to select the Device Menu, which is represented by an icon of a wrench and a hammer, and then press the Right Arrow button.
- Press the [-] button repeatedly to select System Info, and then press [OK].
This screen will display the model number, firmware version and serial number of the recorder.
Read the following precautions before starting to update the recorder firmware.
- If the update fails, the recorder could be damaged irreparably. Read the instructions carefully before updating.
- The recorder's firmware cannot be returned to an earlier version once it has been updated
- Backup the files in the recorder before running the update program.
- This firmware update program is only for use with the Olympus LS-P1 and LS-P2 digital recorder.
- Never turn off power to the computer while the firmware update program is running.
- Never turn off power to the recorder or disconnect the USB cable while the firmware update program is running.
- At least 12 MB of built-in memory is required for updating the firmware of the LS-P1 and LS-P2.
- Remove the microSD card from the LS-P1 and LS-P2 recorder.
- Make sure to insert a battery before starting the update.
An Apple Macintosh computer with a standard installation of OS MacOS 10.5.8 -10.12, equipped with one (or more) free USB ports.
- * Do not connect the device to a USB hub.
To update the firmware of LS-P1 or LS-P2, do the following:
Download the update file.
Macintosh : LSP2_FWUPDATE_V102.dmg
- Connect the recorder to a computer running a supported operating system using the USB cable packaged with the recorder and wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote".
- Close all programs running on the computer.
- Double-click the update file to begin the update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- When the update is complete, wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote" and then disconnect the recorder.
- Verify that the firmware version has changed to the new version number.
NOTE: Carefully read the License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click Accepted to continue.
By downloading the firmware/software update (hereafter "oftware") for Olympus products, you (hereafter "User") agree to the following End User License Agreement (EULA) provided by OLYMPUS Corporation and its licensed vendor (hereafter "Olympus").
- Subject to the terms and conditions herein contained, Olympus shall grant to the User a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Software and the copy thereof (hereinafter, the copy of the Software is included in the Software) only for the purpose of applying to Olympus products which are introduced and accepted by Olympus.
- The user shall be prohibited to do or perform the following.
- To make any copy of the Software, whether in whole or in part, for any other purpose than back-up purpose.
- To sell, distribute or upload the Software, whether in whole or in part.
- To change, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, whether in whole or in part.
- To rent, lease or sublicense the Software, whether in whole or in part.
- To export the Software, directly or indirectly, whether in whole or in part, without obtaining necessary approvals of relevant governmental authority in Japan or in any relevant country.
- Any right, title or interest in and to the Software shall be owned by or vested to Olympus or its licensor respectively.
- The user acknowledges and understands that the software is provided to the User on an “as-is“ basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to:
- Warranties for merchantability and/or fitness for a User's particular purpose.
- Warranty for no bug, error, failure or defects in the software; or
- Warranties for non-infringement of rights or interests of any third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property right.
- In no event shall Olympus be liable nor responsible for any damages suffered or incurred by the User or any other third party (including, but not limited to, general, special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damages including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like), arising out of or in connection with the use of the software.
- If the User fails in complying with any terms and conditions under this Agreement, OLYMPUS may terminate this Agreement and seek to remedy for any loss or damage, (including damages for loss of business profit, business interpretation, loss of business information and the like) or loss of profit incurred by Olympus, arising out of or in connection with such User's failure. In such event, the User shall immediately destroy or return to Olympus any and all copies thereof, whether in whole or in part.